cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
aliegner1
Level IV

Excluded Cols still plotting when I run a script, but not when I plot it manually?

So not sure what to is going on here. I'm trying to plot this Group of cols, with several excluded. If I manually launch the FitYbyX, those excluded columns don't even show up in the pop-up and thus don't get plotted. However, when I run this script telling it to plot that Column Group, it still plots the excluded Columns. What's up with this?

aliegner1_0-1625094029694.png

dt= current data table();

ow2 = Oneway(
	Y( dt<<get column group( "TestGroup" ) ),
	X( :chamber_id )
	);

2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Excluded Cols still plotting when I run a script, but not when I plot it manually?

I have replicated your finding.  I suggest you pass this issue to the JMP Support team.  You also may want to add the need to honor excluded columns to the JMP Wish List.

All that said, here is a work around

names default to here(1);
dt= current data table();

colList = dt<<get column group( "TestGroup" );

// Remove from the group list excluded columns
for(i=nitems(colList),i>=1,i--,
	if(column(dt,colList[i])<<get excluded == 1,
		remove from(colList,i,1)
	)
);

ow2 = Oneway(
	Y( eval(colList) ),
	X( :site )
	);
Jim

Re: Excluded Cols still plotting when I run a script, but not when I plot it manually?

The excluded attribute of a data column is intended to remove it from the column lists in launch dialogs so it cannot be selected. It is not intended to exclude it as a variable from  analysis, so when you put a column group in an analysis role, you are selecting all the columns in that group. Selecting the group over-rides the exclusion from selection.