cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Excel cell format

Hello 

I'm encountering an issue with inconsistent cell formatting across multiple Excel files. I've written a script that imports all Excel files within a specific folder and then creates a new table with selected data from these files. However, I'm running into a problem because some of the Excel files have cells formatted as 'General', while others are formatted as 'Number'. This discrepancy in formatting, particularly with decimal places, leads to errors when comparing identical files. I'm looking for a solution to standardize the formatting during the import process in JMP, rather than manually adjusting the format in Excel.

2 REPLIES 2
jthi
Super User

Re: Excel cell format

You might be able to modify the format from excel wizard. Right click on the column name and change the format to Character

jthi_0-1708509374234.png

And you might get something like this to your import script

Column Numeric Format(Index(0), Column Name(Date), Datatype("Character"))
-Jarmo

Re: Excel cell format

I've written a script that imports all Excel files within a specific folder and then creates a new table with selected data from these files.

In your script, are you already using the Multiple File Import () function? If not, that might be helpful.