cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
nakalie
Level I

Excel Help - How to create a stacked bar chart that includes the sum of each block below?

nakalie_1-1604584153871.png

So, I am having to create a bar chart similar to the one show above. For example, 1st block is 100, 2nd block is also 100 but I want the label to show the total of the block plus the one underneath so it will be 200. (also corresponds to the y axis). Can someone help me please? Even if there is a bar chart, I can use to show the progression since it is a financial chart and will show the increments of net income, ebit and ebitda.

1 REPLY 1
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Excel Help - How to create a stacked bar chart that includes the sum of each block below?

Hi,

First, I'd like to make sure that your question is about JMP and not MS Excel as mentioned in the title of this post.

Assuming that it is the former, here is a was to achieve your goal:

Create a new column that calculates the cumulative sum for each "X Value" category (see attached file for reference). Select this new column and set it up as "Label". In Graph Builder, set up your stacked bar graph as usual and select in the Bar sub-menu "Label" > By Row Value

Of note: I have included the script for the graph in the mock table attached to this message (top left section of the table).

I hope this helps

Best,

TS

Thierry R. Sornasse