cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Effect summary on jmp10

Hi,

I am new in jmp. I have a jmp10 version. I am looking for the effect summary table, to compare variables effect in multiple regression. I can't find it in my jmp version. Is it possible that there is not such an option in jmp10? Or can I find it in another menu?

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
julian
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Effect summary on jmp10

Hi @VeronicaGiorgi

The interactive Effect Summary table was added, I believe, in JMP 12. However, there have always been tables in a Fit Model report that show the various statistics associated with the different terms in your model. The Parameter Estimates table will provide the coefficients for the model parameters, as well as tests (t-tests) for those parameters against 0. The Effect Details section will also provide details about the various effects in your model but will do so in a slightly different way: if you have model effects that necessitate multiple parameters to be estimated (i.e., categorical variables), the tests of the effects in the Effect Details section are of those parameters jointly (the k-1 degree of freedom F test of the effect). This is usually the more informative table to look at when fitting ANOVA-like models with factors and interactions you are wishing to test. 

I hope this helps!

@julian 

Re: Effect summary on jmp10

thank you julian,
at least now i know it's not me that can't find that table!!!
I will use the info from the other tables aas you suggested.
thanks!