cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DavidLeber
Level III

Editing Control Chart after Creation

I'm trying to create a script to format the output of the Process Screening tool's control charts so they're more pretty. Obviously, I can't go in and change the code of the Process Screening tool itself, so the problem I'm faced with is:

Given a preexisting control chart object, how can I:

1. Add a column to the subgrouping

2. Delete the Moving Range graph

For reference, I currently have a myControlChart object on which I was able to successfully run myControlChart<<showLimitSummaries(0);.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
DavidLeber
Level III

Re: Editing Control Chart after Creation

I was able to find a solution! The key was getting the graph builder box.

var = Current Report();    //Returns a reference to the report that's currently open, i.e. the Control Chart generated by Process Screening

gbb = var[GraphBuilderBox( 1 )];    //Returns a reference to the actual Graph

gbb << removeVariable( 1 );    //This is a case of lucky guess - not sure why this removes the moving average chart, but it does.

gbb << addVariable( {:Month, Role( "Subgroup" )} );  //Adds the month to the "X Axis" of the control chart.

I hope this helps anyone in the future!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SDF1
Super User

Hi @DavidLeber,

You might have more luck working with the Control Chart Builder under Analyze->Quality and Process.

If you drop your column on the y-axis it'll generate the chart and then you can inspect the JSL code from the red hot button. You'd get something like this (if you also have an x-column):

Control Chart Builder(
	Show Two Shewhart Charts( 0 ),
	Show Capability( 0 ),
	Variables( Subgroup (:X-column here ), Y( :Y-column here ) ),
	Chart( Position (1), Points( Statistic( "Individual" ) ), Limits( Sigma( "Moving Range" ) ) ),
	Chart( Position( 2 ), Limits( Sigma( "Moving Range" ) ) )
);

To address your second point, just eliminate the "Poisition(1)," part and the whole section on "Chart( Position (2)....". Then you'll just get the XBar chart.

You could also go to Analyze->Quality and Process->Control Chart->Xbar, for example, depending on what you're really after.

I'm not sure I understand what you are wanting to do with your first point.

Hope this helps!,

DS

DavidLeber
Level III

I was able to find a solution! The key was getting the graph builder box.

var = Current Report();    //Returns a reference to the report that's currently open, i.e. the Control Chart generated by Process Screening

gbb = var[GraphBuilderBox( 1 )];    //Returns a reference to the actual Graph

gbb << removeVariable( 1 );    //This is a case of lucky guess - not sure why this removes the moving average chart, but it does.

gbb << addVariable( {:Month, Role( "Subgroup" )} );  //Adds the month to the "X Axis" of the control chart.

I hope this helps anyone in the future!