cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
swamypamu
Level I

Dynamic Charts and Graphs in JMP

@

Hi Dear Friends,

I have question regarding the development of dynamic charts and graphs in SAS JMP. Is it possible by SAS JMP scripting? Here I need to include some list boxes, drop down menus,radio buttons and check boxes ect.. agin i need to link all these things to charts and graphs. Please help me or guide me, in achieving this task.

Thanks,
Swamy.

5 REPLIES 5
pmroz
Super User

Re: Dynamic Charts and Graphs in JMP

Hi Swamy,

You can include pretty much anything in a "new window" command, including graphs, menus, radio buttons, etc.  The graphs can be made via graph builder or any other JMP platform.

swamypamu
Level I

Hi PMroz,

Actually 7993_Chart.png

I want to build exactly the above attached chart.This chart had been created in JMP clinical module. JMP clincal had some special inbuilt features and functionalities, which enables user to create such graphs without much of coding efforts. But here my challenge is, i don't have the JMP Clinical Module. I need to develop this in JMP 11.

I read some articles regarding this and i came to know that the above kind of graphs can be prepared in JMP 11.But it requires more coding efforts.I am going through the JMP scripting guid as well. If I am not wrong this requires Visual Basic programming also in connection with JMP script to create  above chart.

I have gone through the Application Builder and Graph Builder but didn't get much help. it seems that we need to use Visual Basic programming also in connection with JMP script to create  above chart..Please clarify my doubts.. It will be a great help to me.. Mean while i am going through the JMP Scripting guide..

pmroz
Super User

That JMP Clinical chart does not require VB.  Also, as hirauch says it is not a trivial exercise. 

Look for similar examples in the Script books provided by JMP, and also check the file exchange.  Learning JSL is a challenge, but it is a lot of fun too!

hlrauch
Level III

Yes, the JMP scripting language can do everything you want. However it's not a trivial effort. I suggest that you scan the JMP Scripting Guide and look at examples that might match your application. The guide is available in JMP under the Help menu and online at http://www.jmp.com/support/help/Scripting_Guide.shtml .

swamypamu
Level I

Hi hlrauch,

Thanks for the reply..

7994_Chart.png

I want to build exactly the above attached chart.This chart had been created in JMP clinical module. JMP clincal had some special inbuilt features and functionalities, which enables user to create such graphs without much of coding efforts. But here my challenge is, i don't have the JMP Clinical Module. I need to develop this in JMP 11.

I read some articles regarding this and i came to know that the above kind of graphs can be prepared in JMP 11.But it requires more coding efforts.I am going through the JMP scripting guid as well. If I am not wrong this requires Visual Basic programming also in connection with JMP script to create  above chart.

I have gone through the Application Builder and Graph Builder but didn't get much help. it seems that we need to use Visual Basic programming also in connection with JMP script to create  above chart..Please clarify my doubts.. It will be a great help to me.. Mean while i am going through the JMP Scripting guide..