cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Yass
Level III

Does every JMP license include a local email

Hi everyone,

I recently came across an old batch script that included an email address in the format jmp@***.local. I am trying to understand the context and usage of this email address. Does every JMP license include a local email address like this one, and if so, where can I find it and how can I grant it all necessary permissions?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Best regards,
Yass

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Byron_JMP
Staff

Re: Does every JMP license include a local email

no, the email address is not JMP dependent. It can be anything you want.

The permissions are provided by your email client.  

A long time ago I was somewhere where the email client didn't require permissions. In the second meeting where several people were blackberrying instead of listening, I clicked a script button that sent them 100 emails at 15 sec intervals, a special version of the "ping of death", the next day the admin had that one locked down.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Byron_JMP
Staff

no, the email address is not JMP dependent. It can be anything you want.

The permissions are provided by your email client.  

A long time ago I was somewhere where the email client didn't require permissions. In the second meeting where several people were blackberrying instead of listening, I clicked a script button that sent them 100 emails at 15 sec intervals, a special version of the "ping of death", the next day the admin had that one locked down.

JMP Systems Engineer, Health and Life Sciences (Pharma)
Yass
Level III

Understood. Thanks for the clarifications.