cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ehchandlerjr
Level V

Does JMP have Column separators and spacers?

I work with relatively big tables, like 1000+ rows. I should probably figure out databases at some point, but for now, JMP tables are what I'm doing. Because of this, I have groups of columns that are placed adjacent to each other. When scrolling through, sometimes I can't keep everything in my head, and having visually present spacers would be extremely helpful from a sanity point of view. Does JMP have anything like this? A few google searches didn't turn anything up, but maybe I'm missing something. Right now, I just make a really narrow colored column with a period in the top, which works, but just wondering if JMP had come up with a smarter way to do it. I've attached an image of what I usually do. 

Edward Hamer Chandler, Jr.
2 REPLIES 2
txnelson
Super User

Re: Does JMP have Column separators and spacers?

In JMP 18 you can color the column header background.  This might give you what you need.  Also grouping the columns in the columns panel. 

txnelson_0-1720273041766.png

In earlier releases and in release 18, you can always color the background color of the cells.  This example is from JMP 15 

txnelson_0-1720273679151.png

Jim
jthi
Super User

Re: Does JMP have Column separators and spacers?

What type of information do you want to visually check from tables? Maybe some of the JMP platforms can color some of the cells you might be interested in seeing more easily? Or just otherwise show you the information you wish to see without relying on the table view.

-Jarmo