cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Mcc99
Level I

Does JMP Pro allow evaluation of statistical significance of VIPs generated from PLS?

I would like to evaluate the statistical significance of the VIPs in my model using JMP Pro 16. 

This is usually done through permutation or jackknifing the model, in order to generate enough deviation to run a T-test on the mean and record p-values. 

I know some software has these functions pre-set, for example, SIMCA calls it VIP scaling and R also has packages such as plspmp. However, I have not come across any information on how to complete it in JMP. Is there an option I am missing? 

1 REPLY 1
Phil_Kay
Staff

Re: Does JMP Pro allow evaluation of statistical significance of VIPs generated from PLS?

Hi,

I'm not sure about this because I don't use PLS much. But you might want to try bootstrapping the VIP estimates in the Variable Importance table. In this way you can create bootstrap confidence intervals for each of the VIPs, which should be useful for hypothesis testing. The option is available in JMP Pro when you right-click on the table of VIP values (you get this table by selecting Variable Importance Plot from the red triangle menu for the model). I hope this helps.

Phil

Phil_Kay_0-1678788984825.png