Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ihnleung
Level I

Distribution plots not showing in Journal saved as html

Hi,

I have created a Journal with multiple Distribution Histogram and Tables using scripts and saved as .html.  When I email and share the html file with other people, the embedded graphs are not showing.  I think it's because the img src link is pointing to a local directory in my computer.  How do I fix this so that I can share the .html journal with the graphs?  I'm using JMP 16.

Thank you!

Irene

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Distribution plots not showing in Journal saved as html

Thank you for your question Irene.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention @statman and providing the link to that JMP Discovery Summit article. Although outdated(JMP 13), most of the concepts still apply with newer versions of JMP. 

Rather than using a journal to create a collection of reports, you might be able to build a Web Report mentioned in that article under the heading "Saving Multiple Reports as Interactive HTML".  The result will be an index page with thumbnails that when clicked on launch an interactive HTML version of a report.  In JMP 13, this was found under the "View" menu. In JMP 16, the functionality is found under the "File" menu. It is "File > Publish > Publish to File".  This will give you the option do select which open reports you would like to include in the collection and whether or not you would like to publish the data in order to make the reports interactive.

If you would rather keep with a Journal-based approach, you may be able to make sure the paths for images are relative paths rather than absolute paths. An absolute path is one that contains the whole path to a file. For example, on Windows, "C:\MyDocuments\MyJMPReports\MyImages". What you want is a path like ".\MyImages" or simply "MyImages" where the main HTML page is created in "C:\MyDocuments\MyJMPReports". 

Irene, did you see absolute paths in the html page generated by the JSL?  If so, you may be able change the location of the Journal or the location of the html file produced by the JSL so that paths to the images will be relative rather than absolute. Then you should be able to zip up the html and all the subfolders to share this collection of HTML reports with others. 

Thanks, 

~John

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ihnleung
Level I

I found a work around, which is to open the html page generated by JSL, and then manually do another "save" of that page in the browser.  This way all the graphs are also saved in a new folder with "_files" at the end of of the folder name.  

Is there a way to script this to eliminate the second manual save operation?

Thanks!

Irene

statman
Super User

Irene, welcome to the community.  Have you read this:

https://community.jmp.com/t5/Discovery-Summit-2017/Sharing-Interactive-Web-Reports-in-JMP-13/ta-p/44...

@John_Powell_JMP  is quite knowledgable and may be able to help you out.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Thank you for your question Irene.

Thank you for bringing it to my attention @statman and providing the link to that JMP Discovery Summit article. Although outdated(JMP 13), most of the concepts still apply with newer versions of JMP. 

Rather than using a journal to create a collection of reports, you might be able to build a Web Report mentioned in that article under the heading "Saving Multiple Reports as Interactive HTML".  The result will be an index page with thumbnails that when clicked on launch an interactive HTML version of a report.  In JMP 13, this was found under the "View" menu. In JMP 16, the functionality is found under the "File" menu. It is "File > Publish > Publish to File".  This will give you the option do select which open reports you would like to include in the collection and whether or not you would like to publish the data in order to make the reports interactive.

If you would rather keep with a Journal-based approach, you may be able to make sure the paths for images are relative paths rather than absolute paths. An absolute path is one that contains the whole path to a file. For example, on Windows, "C:\MyDocuments\MyJMPReports\MyImages". What you want is a path like ".\MyImages" or simply "MyImages" where the main HTML page is created in "C:\MyDocuments\MyJMPReports". 

Irene, did you see absolute paths in the html page generated by the JSL?  If so, you may be able change the location of the Journal or the location of the html file produced by the JSL so that paths to the images will be relative rather than absolute. Then you should be able to zip up the html and all the subfolders to share this collection of HTML reports with others. 

Thanks, 

~John