cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Hegedus
Level IV

Distorted Images when pasting in PowerPoint

Hi,

I have a sporatic problem when pasting images into PowerPoint using the paste special command and selecting picture.  Attached is one image I copied from JMP V12.2.2.0 on a Mac.  The normal looking image I pasted in Preview using the new from clipboard command, the skewed one I did in PowerPoint using the paste special.

Is anyone else seeing this?  I have sent this to support but they had no ideas.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Distorted Images when pasting in PowerPoint

When you paste special on the Mac version of PPT, what options are you given? I'm using PPT 15.31 and if I do Paste Special, it's as PDF so as to provide a vector image that can be re-sized and re-scaled as needed. I have not run into the skewing issue using this method either (direct copy -> paste special in PPT on Mac or using the Preview workflow I suggested in the previous post). 

Attached is a screenshot of paste special on my version of PPT. 

PPT-PasteSpecialOptions.png

Connect with me on LinkedIn: https://bit.ly/3MWgiXt

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hello @Hegedus -- I often on the Mac will use the Selection tool (shortcut key S), grab the graph that I want to output as a high-quality image and then open Apple Preview. Since the graph is already on the clipboard you can File > New from Clipboard or just CMD-N. This will create a vector PDF, which can then be dragged into your PPT slide. 

I'd be curious to know if you still get the same distortion/skewing that you are seeing in PPT with the JMP -> Preview -> PPT graphical output workflow.  

Hegedus
Level IV

Two issues:  Coworkers on Windows often get errors if I include images in pdf format, so that is a non-starter. Second I really want to avoid having to include another application into the work flow.

I don't think copy paste of an image is a request outside of the mainstream.

When you paste special on the Mac version of PPT, what options are you given? I'm using PPT 15.31 and if I do Paste Special, it's as PDF so as to provide a vector image that can be re-sized and re-scaled as needed. I have not run into the skewing issue using this method either (direct copy -> paste special in PPT on Mac or using the Preview workflow I suggested in the previous post). 

Attached is a screenshot of paste special on my version of PPT. 

PPT-PasteSpecialOptions.png