Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Freddy
Level II

Define Factor Constraints DOE Custom Design by Disallowed Combinations Script

Hello together,

Sorry in advance, I just startet using JMP. I have struggle adding a factor constraint script to my DOE. My constraint are as follows:

Factor A^2 * Factor B <=200

Unfortunately I'm not able to write the script like this, because I always get the JMP Alert: Invalid disallowed combinations script. See log for details. Where ist this log and do I have to add something?

Best regards

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Define Factor Constraints DOE Custom Design by Disallowed Combinations Script

Select View > Log on Windows or Window > Log on Macintosh. Post what you find here so we have a better idea of what is the problem.

I cannot tell from your brief description, but there are a couple of points that might cause a problem.

Do you have a factor named "Factor A^2" or is the expression meant as "Factor A" squared? I assume that your two factors are continuous. What is the nature of this constraint? Why do you need it?

Freddy
Level II

Re: Define Factor Constraints DOE Custom Design by Disallowed Combinations Script

Hello,

thank you for your quick response. It means Factor A squared. Factor A and B are discrete numeric (can only be integer numbers; A: 1 - 6 and B: 1 - 50). The nature of this constraint is, that photobleaching is occuring when Factor A and B exceeds a certain value with the formula: Factor A * Factor A * Factor B <= 75. I need it because I want to avoid photo bleaching in my measurements. Just tell me, if you need more information. Sorry for my late answer, I was just today informed by E-Mail of your response.

Greets

I need more details. What are the Factor A and Factor B levels? What are all the terms in your model?

A Discrete Numeric factor is modeled as contributing continuous effects. This factor choice means that you decide the levels and JMP decides the minimal set of terms in the model. So without details I was able to create a illustrative example. I added two continuous factors X1 and X2 with ranges -1 to +1. I added quadratic terms for both factors. I crossed X2 with X1*X1, like your case. I added a Disallowed Combinations script similar to what you want. Here is the design.

design.JPG

Here is the design space:

space.JPG

The constraint that I defined disallowed combinations in the middle of the space.

You still have not shared the contents of the Log when you get the error while making your design.