cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
JohannesENS
Level III

Default setting for date format

Hello everybody,

how can I change the fefault setting for date and time format when importing from Excel.

I do have the followinf Problem:

Excel Format: DD MM YYYY hh:mm:ss

after importing to JMP it just shows: MM DD YYYY

I know how to change the format in JMP by right-clicking the column. But is there any opportunity to change the default setting for this kind of issue?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Default setting for date format

Unfortunately, no there is no default setting for this. You'll have to change the column format manually.

I realize it doesn't help you now, but starting in JMP16 dates imported from Excel will appear in JMP just like they do in Excel. (So your date would still be DD MM YYYY hh:mm:ss in JMP.) This is part of a larger date formatting overhaul coming in JMP16.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Unfortunately, no there is no default setting for this. You'll have to change the column format manually.

I realize it doesn't help you now, but starting in JMP16 dates imported from Excel will appear in JMP just like they do in Excel. (So your date would still be DD MM YYYY hh:mm:ss in JMP.) This is part of a larger date formatting overhaul coming in JMP16.

PeterMBB
Level II

I've also had this issue with date formatting, and the issue is still present in jmp 17.

In excel I have a date column with date format YYYY-MM-DD, but when I use the excel jmp toolbar to generate a jmp Data Table the date column is reformatted to MM-DD-YYYY. This is frustrating and I expected this to be fixed already in jmp 16 after the answer I saw here.

Any plan to fix this?

regards, Peter