Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ChrisLooi
Level III

Data Transformation : Automatic Transform also Specs Limit in Column Properties

Dear Community,

I am opening this new discussion, as I'm not able to find any related discussion to this.

I have input Specs Limit in the Column Properties in a column of data.

When I do a Data Transformation on this column of data, JMP will create a new column with the transformed data.

However, this transformed data column do not contain any transformed specs limit (from the original data column).

My question : Is there anyway JMP can also transformed the specs limit (in the column properties of the original data) to the new transformed data column properties?

Thanks.

Chris

1 REPLY 1
txnelson
Super User

Re: Data Transformation : Automatic Transform also Specs Limit in Column Properties

JMP does not have a built in way to transform the Spec Limits.  However, it is easily done with a simple script.  The below script creates a new column in the Semiconductor Capability data table.  The new column is a Log Transformation of column NPN1.

The script then exacts the current Spec Limits from the NPN1 column and then applies the same transform formula to them as it sets the Spec Limits in the new data column.

names default to here( 1 );
dt = 
// Open Data Table: semiconductor capability.jmp
// → Data Table( "semiconductor capability" )
Open( "$SAMPLE_DATA/semiconductor capability.jmp" );

dt << new column( "Log NPN1", formula(log(:NPN1)));

specs = dt:NPN1 << get property("Spec Limits");

Eval(
	Eval Expr(
		dt:Log NPN1 << set property(
			"Spec limits",
			{LSL( Expr( Log( specs["LSL"] ) ) ), Target( Expr( Log( specs["Target"] ) ) ),
			USL( Expr( Log( specs["USL"] ) ) )}
		)
	)
);
Jim