cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bjbreitling
Level IV

Data Filter with Control Chart in JMP Live Error due to warnings.

I get the following error when trying to publish a control chart built with control chart builder. I don't believe it has any warnings. It was a conditional datafilter with 2 columns.

ERROR:

Control Chart Builder 2: Control chart warnings are unavailable for this report due to its configuration. To use control chart warnings with this report, publish the report without a data filter.

6 REPLIES 6
bjbreitling
Level IV

Re: Data Filter with Control Chart in JMP Live Error due to warnings.

Is there anyway to get a data filter to work with control charts in JMP LIve? I have a column switcher but one data filter would really make the project easier.

Hi @bjbreitling , 

If you get JMP 17.1.1, or later, you will be able to publish the control chart.  It will not support the control chart warnings feature of JMP Live, though, because it has a data filter.

~John

bjbreitling
Level IV

I see it does support 1 column switcher. Will it support 1 column switcher and one data filter?

Will it support more than 1?

I turned warnings off but do you have to do that or will it just not have them work?

If I update JMP PRO desktop is that all i need to do or does the server version have to update too?

The distribution plot says it supports 1 data filter but no column switcher will that be added in future versions too?

It should support 1 column switcher and one data filter, but the control chart warnings will not be enabled.  

More than one column switcher is already supported, but the control chart warnings will not be enabled with more than one column switcher.

In JMP 18, more than one local data filter will be supported, but control chart warnings will not be enabled.

You should not have to turn warnings off.

Updating to JMP version 17.1.1 is sufficient to avoid the error. The JMP Live server version does not need to be updated. 

I'm not sure why a distribution plot would report that it only supports 1 data filter, but no column switcher. Please provide more details as there may be something specific about your distribution plot that would cause it to not support a column switcher. If you would prefer, please provide these details through JMP technical support.

In JMP 17 and earlier versions, only one data filter per report is supported. This restriction will be lifted in JMP 18.  Since support for column switchers were added, it was always possible to add multiple column switchers, but as I mentioned, the control chart warnings feature will not be enabled. 

~John

bjbreitling
Level IV

17.1.1? I downloaded JMP Pro 17.1.0 but it still won't let me add the data filter to the SPC chart. Do you have a link for 17.1.1 JMP PRO?

Please contact JMP Technical Support. I'm sure they would be happy to tell you how to get JMP PRO 17.1.1.