cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Martin
Level V

Data Filter Limit Selectable Items without Excluding Rows

In JSL, is there a way to only show certain items from a particular column?  For instance, say I have a data table with a column called "Color".  That column of data is filled with "Blue", "Yellow", "Red", "Orange" values.  I want to show a Local Data Filter where the only options for the user are "Yellow" and "Red" (meaning the user of the dashboard would not even know that "Blue" and "Orange" were in the data table.

Thanks in advance!

Martin

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Data Filter Limit Selectable Items

Could you exclude blue and orange rows? If you can then you could maybe disable Count Excluded Rows:

jthi_0-1643387208673.png

jthi_1-1643387253678.png

-Jarmo
Martin
Level V

That is an obvious option, but no.  This is part of a larger dashboard with many graphs/tables connected to the same data table.  As such, I cannot exclude records from the table.

I would think that within the "df = dt < Local Data Filter( xxxx )" that there might be a way to only show specific values or levels for a particular field.

Any other options?

jthi
Super User

I'm not sure if it would be possible by using unstructured text and then hiding the search field, using "reverse" find with new column with some value you want to hide and then hide the search field or by building custom filter with for example List Box or by using Data Filter Context Box/Data Filter Source Box. 

-Jarmo