Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
YanivD
Level III

DOE with replications

Hi,

i designed custom doe with 12 runs. i am going to make each run 4 times in order to have the error value. is there any efficient way to design the doe instead of copy paste each run 4 times in the doe table?

please advise 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Victor_G
Super User

Re: DOE with replications

Hello @YanivD,

Since you're in the Custom Design platform, I think the best way to create replicates would be in two steps :

1. Create your original design with 12 runs,
  2. Augment your design (click on DoE, Augment Design, and then specify your factors and response(s)), and then click on "Replicate" for your choice of design augmentation. JMP will then ask you how many times each run should be repeated, so you can specify in your case 4.

Anyway you're right, it's better to directly enter your replicates condition directly in the design generation, to make sure that replicates are well randomized across the design/experiments.

Hope this answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Victor_G
Super User

Hello @YanivD,

Since you're in the Custom Design platform, I think the best way to create replicates would be in two steps :

1. Create your original design with 12 runs,
  2. Augment your design (click on DoE, Augment Design, and then specify your factors and response(s)), and then click on "Replicate" for your choice of design augmentation. JMP will then ask you how many times each run should be repeated, so you can specify in your case 4.

Anyway you're right, it's better to directly enter your replicates condition directly in the design generation, to make sure that replicates are well randomized across the design/experiments.

Hope this answer will help you,

Victor GUILLER
Scientific Expertise Engineer
L'Oréal - Data & Analytics
YanivD
Level III

Thank you @Victor_G may be JMP will update it in the next version:)

your suggestion is very helpful as always