Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Al_Perr_1988
Level I

D-Optimal Design with Constraints in a Mixture

Hallo,

is it possible to define an experimental space where the constraints are non-symmetrical? Meaning for example a space defined by the blue line below. Thanks very much for taking the time in advance!

Al_Perr_1988_0-1691266840963.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bobmorrane
Level V

Re: D-Optimal Design with Constraints in a Mixture

YOu might be able to do this by using the "set linear constraint" in the DOE dialog. But you will need to figure out the right equation to get the right shape...

~~Bob~~

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
bobmorrane
Level V

YOu might be able to do this by using the "set linear constraint" in the DOE dialog. But you will need to figure out the right equation to get the right shape...

~~Bob~~
Al_Perr_1988
Level I

Do you have an idea? I am really stuck :). 

Thanks 

Alex

You should be able to accomplish this by adding two linear constraints to the design. From the picture, it appears that Component A ranges from 0.2 to 0.3. Component B from 0.45 to 0.8. And Component C ranges from 0 to 0.25. Based on that information, if you can provide the coordinates for the points highlighted in red (a zoomed in version of your picture) the linear constraints can be defined. Note that I am assuming that the start of the one constraint is for A at 0.25 and B at 0.75.

Dan_Obermiller_0-1691592970034.png

Dan Obermiller