cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TDF
TDF
Level II

Customised Mixture Design - how can I set two ingredients to be a constant ratio?

My ingredients sum to 88% which I have set in options.

I have set a linear constraint for two ingredients to have a minimum amount greater than the sum of their respective minimum levels.

I have two other variables for which the ratio in each recipe of the two must be a constant.  I have tried all the different design options but I cannot find a way to do this, is it possible?

I am using JMP Pro16.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TDF
TDF
Level II

Re: Customised Mixture Design - how can I set two ingredients to be a constant ratio?

However, I have explored the idea further and if I set the second constraint to -0·4999 instead of -0·5 then it works.

Thanks Dan.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Customised Mixture Design - how can I set two ingredients to be a constant ratio?

Let's call the factors A and B. If A/B = 0.5, as an example, then that means that A = 0.5B. That also implies that A-0.5B = 0. Specifying two linear constraints should work. A - 0.5 B <=0 and A - 0.5 B >= 0.

Dan Obermiller
TDF
TDF
Level II

Hello Dan

Thanks for the prompt reply, I hadn't thought about entering negative values of an ingredient into the constraint.

However, when I do as you suggested I get the following constraint error (see attached).

TDF
TDF
Level II

However, I have explored the idea further and if I set the second constraint to -0·4999 instead of -0·5 then it works.

Thanks Dan.