cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
A4Man2310
Level I

Custome DOE: Controlling a factor so that it cannot repeat in run order

I am attempting to create a DOE with 2 factors we will call them configuration ( a 3 level categorical) and operator (also a 3 level categorical).   I am trying to figure out a way in which JMP will allow me to create the DOE with a run order condition.   The condition I need to set is that the same operator may not do two consecutive trials.   I.e. Run 1 is Configuration 1, Operator 1 and Run 2 is Configuration 3, Operator 1 ; I have been told this cannot take place.     I am unsure as to how I could go about controlling this or instilling a rule?   Any input would be greatly appreciated.   Thank you for your time.

1 REPLY 1
MiBo
Level III

Re: Custome DOE: Controlling a factor so that it cannot repeat in run order

Presumably if you generate a table that randomizes the run order, then it would be possible for the same operator to run twice in a row.  What I would do is let JMP create the random order then manually revise that run order to meet your goal.  It can still be random enough.

This is acceptable if you do it infrequently.  If you need to do this many times, then I understand your desire for an automated method.  However, if you need this randomized run order frequently, perhaps you can develop a randomized order once then re-use it for future experiments.