cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
bille
Level II

Custom Sort Order

I have multiple steps in a process in time order.... P2, C2, F2. These are values in my OPERATION column. When I use the Summary Platform in my JMP script, I can specify ascending (C2, F2, P2) or descending (P2, F2, C2). I really want it sorted in time order P2, C2, F2. I realize I can create another column with 1 next to P2, 2 next to C2, and 3 next to F2, but is there a way that I can specify a custom sort order within the script without creating a new column?

Thanks,
Bill
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Custom Sort Order

Bill,

In the column that you want to custom sort, create a list check column property. The order that things are listed is how JMP will sort the data.

Said another way: For the column, look at Column Info > Column Properties. Add List Check. Assign the three values P2, C2, F2 tot he list check property in the order you wat the sort to happen. Click OK and then Tables > Sort.
bille
Level II

Eugene,

Thank you so much. That worked great.

Bill
bille
Level II

Documentation for others: The script command to do this....

Column("OPERATION") << Set Property(List Check, {"P2", "C2", "F2"});

Also it is possible to add a list item that does not appear in the "OPERATION" column, but might in the future.

Column("OPERATION") << Set Property(List Check, {"P2", "C2", "R2", "F2"});

Message was edited by: Bill E