cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Custom Lat Long Contour Map

Hi all, 

Playing around with the Custom Map Creator add in and I ran into some trouble when trying to construct borders for a river system. When constructing a custom map border using a a background map the boundaries function does not let me to trace the river pattern as accurately as I would hope (see attached photo). Alternatively, when constructing a border from a background photo the boundaries are easily traceable and easy enough to create accurate constraints for the rivers (see attached photo). My problem is that I have concentration data for specific samples based on log data. The end goal is to use the samples to create a contour map of concentration constraint by the river systems. This was my goal in this discussion post:  

Question #1: Can I make the constraint the river more accurate in the background map? 

Question#2: If constraining rivers for a background map doesn't work how can I use the background photo and sync this to my data set which has log/lat data for concentration in the river system. 

Alternatively, I am available for a call or a meeting where I can share my screen and thoroughly explain what is required from this graphic. 

Thanks! 

Custom Map Lat Long JMP Discussion.PNG

Custom Map Graphic JMP Discussion.PNG

M. Dereviankin
0 REPLIES 0