Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jearls11
Level III

Creating variable Y axis to plot/overlay parameters

Hello Folks,

I am trying to overlay create a variable y axis to plot multiple parameters using my columns. 

my time being the x axis.

Example if click on A and B they should overlay. Or if I click A and C etc.

Can I create a data filter of columns as my y axis and when i click on them they will populate the graph?

I am currently using a different software to do this and you have to change names . but you like to do it in JMP.

I can create the static overlay but that means I have to pre script my variables.

jearls11_3-1622215583003.png

sorry can post plot of data but software i use would overlay A,BC

jearls11_4-1622215786124.png

if my question is unclear please let me know?

Jason

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Creating variable Y axis to plot/overlay parameters

over.PNG

Using Graph Builder, overlaying columns A, B and C is a simple matter of selecting all 3 of the columns, and dragging and dropping them on the Y drop area.  Then dragging the Time column to the X drop area

Jim

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

over.PNG

Using Graph Builder, overlaying columns A, B and C is a simple matter of selecting all 3 of the columns, and dragging and dropping them on the Y drop area.  Then dragging the Time column to the X drop area

Jim
jearls11
Level III

Yes makes sense I was trying to over complicate it.
Thanks again

txnelson
Super User

Graph builder is a very powerful tool.  I suggest you take the time to read the section on Graph Builder in the Essential Graphing document in the JMP Documentation Library, available under the Help pull down menu.

Jim