cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dingodin
Level I

Creating plots with error bars with "Fit Yby X", "Graph Builder" or other options

Hi,

How do I create plots with error bars based on "Fit y by x", Graph builder, other?

The question may  refer to two ways to achieve the plots:

1. The error bars can be derived from explicitly from the data by creating columns of means, upper/lower errors, from which the plots are created, for e.g. time dependent data.

2. From the raw data by grouping several variables (columns) from which the means and STD/SDE are calculated (per row) and subsequently are used to create the Y by X plot ()means with the error bars (STD/SDE).

I have seen some examples using the Graph Builder using Bar format as intermediate stage, however, it seem not to work for me.

Thanks,

- Dean

10 REPLIES 10
jthi
Super User

Re: Creating plots with error bars with "Fit Yby X", "Graph Builder" or other options

You could stack your data, rename columns, create category column. Then you can use Mean as Y, Std as Interval and the category column as Overlay

jthi_2-1720444254804.png

jthi_1-1720444203811.png

jthi_0-1720444192989.png

You can also do it from your data table but I think you will have to add multiple plots into your graph and disable variables correctly

jthi_3-1720444471727.png

Here is a script for that option, so you can maybe a bit easier get an idea how variables could be disabled

Graph Builder(
	Transform Column("Row", Formula(Row())),
	Size(545, 741),
	Show Control Panel(1),
	Variables(
		X(:Row),
		Y(:"Mean_Double-KO"n),
		Y(:Mean_WT, Position(1)),
		Interval(:"Std_Double-KO"n),
		Interval(:Std_WT)
	),
	Elements(
		Points(X, Y(1), Interval(1), Legend(4)),
		Points(X, Y(2), Interval(2), Legend(5)),
		Line(X, Y(1), Interval(0), Legend(6), Error Interval("None")),
		Line(X, Y(2), Interval(0), Legend(7), Error Interval("None"))
	),
	Local Data Filter(Add Filter(columns(Row), Where(:Row <= 16))),
	SendToReport(Dispatch({}, "Graph Builder", FrameBox, {Reference Line Order(6)}))
);
-Jarmo