Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
DerekMoore
Level II

Creating email in draft before sending

Hello,

I am attempting to use the Mail() function, and have not had any luck finding a way to make it so the email message can appear in Outlook or G Mail or wherever before sending. I may need to edit the email a bit before it is sent. Is this possible?

What I was picturing was a draft email appears once the script has run, but anything that would allow the user to edit the email in the email client before sending would be great!

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Creating email in draft before sending

I've had good success using the web() command in JMP to create editable-before-sending emails. Here's an example:

web("mailto:test@example.com?Subject=test%20subject&Body=edit%20this%20before%20sending")

Getting all the %20 characters correct can be hard, but a web page like this one can help create the mailto: URL.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
jthi
Super User

I think you cannot use JMP's own Mail() like this unless your company has strict enough settings which prevent JMP's mail from working without user pressing send.

One place where you might be able to get some ideas is from Contact JMP Technical Support Add-in . Unarchive it with 7zip for example or install it and locate the files, some different email sending options can be seen in script ContactJMP_MailFunctions.jsl (some virus protections might not be happy with .vbs files).

-Jarmo

I've had good success using the web() command in JMP to create editable-before-sending emails. Here's an example:

web("mailto:test@example.com?Subject=test%20subject&Body=edit%20this%20before%20sending")

Getting all the %20 characters correct can be hard, but a web page like this one can help create the mailto: URL.

DerekMoore
Level II

Thank you for sending this along! The Web function does what I needed it to by showing the email in Outlook prior to sending.

Thanks!

jthi
Super User

Encode URI could be helpful especially when modifying the body (and subject)

Names Default To Here(1);

Encode URI("Foo Bar");
-Jarmo