Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
jan_solo_ff
Level I

Create a window script - OwnerBox error

Hi,

I'm currently using JMP 17.

I try to generate a script for a window and attach it to a datatable.  The code underneath works, but the generated script doesn't.  The script JMP generates uses an ownerbox, which in turn isn't recognized by the syntax.

Is there a way I can avoid using this?

Thanks!

MyWindowScript = MyWindow << Get Script();
MyExpression = Expr(MyDataTable << New Script("Script Name", MyWindowScript));
Substitute Into(MyExpression, Expr(MyWindowScript), Parse(MyWindowScript));
Eval(MyExpression);

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Create a window script - OwnerBox error

The DisplayBox << Get Script message is undocumented and is not able to produce a working script for all window content.  Can you describe how the window was created (custom JSL, platform launcher, combine windows, etc) and what kind of content that it has (platform report(s), JSL-scripted buttons/controls, etc).  Depending on how custom the window is, there may be a way to generate a script for the window.  Methods that you might investigate in JMP 17 are platform<<Get Script or the function Get Session Script().

jan_solo_ff
Level I

Re: Create a window script - OwnerBox error

Thanks for the answer!

I looked into the both methods and they won't work.  The script is very long (+/- 1500 lines of code), collects 2 different tables from the database (results and limits), combines them into charts and sends them to 1 or 2 different reports (these are the windows).

One report is connected to the results datatable, but the other isn't.  The one connected to the datatable generates a script just fine.  The other one (not connected to any datatable) doesn't.