cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MFVIT
Level IV

Copying JMP 11 formulas from one table to another

Hello dear All,

I have a question on how to copy formulas from one data table of JMP 11 to another. In particular this need arises when I want to use a model developed from the data of a designed experiment to make predictions for new experimental points. In this situations I like to use a new table with the new values of the predictors and have JMP save the formula for predictions, prediction limits etc.. to this new table.

I tried the following

-  Save the formulas on the data table with the DoE results;

-  Delete the design matrix (xis) and change with the new values that are needed for prediction.

and it worked.

Is there a more direct way, like a copy and paste option?

Thanks,

Marcello.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Copying JMP 11 formulas from one table to another

For any formula you can open it (click on the plus in the columns panel, right click on the column heading and select formula, go to column info, etc.)  Once the formula is open, select it (there will then be a red box around the formula), copy it, go to your next table (or a new column in the same table), open the formula editor in a new column, and paste.

If you have many formulas then a "trick" I will use if I want a new table is to subset one row (and the desired columns) into a new table, save with a new name, and then you can add new columns to the new table and delete the one copied row.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
KarenC
Super User (Alumni)

For any formula you can open it (click on the plus in the columns panel, right click on the column heading and select formula, go to column info, etc.)  Once the formula is open, select it (there will then be a red box around the formula), copy it, go to your next table (or a new column in the same table), open the formula editor in a new column, and paste.

If you have many formulas then a "trick" I will use if I want a new table is to subset one row (and the desired columns) into a new table, save with a new name, and then you can add new columns to the new table and delete the one copied row.

ms
Super User (Alumni) ms
Super User (Alumni)

At least in JMP v. 11 you can Copy Column Properties and Paste Column Properties (which include formulas). Right click on a column header and you'll find the commands at the bottom of contextual menu.

If anyone discovered a keyboard shortcut for these, I'd be happy to know.

MFVIT
Level IV

Many thanks Karen and MS. Both suggestions worked well. Best, Marcello.