cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
MartinC
Level II

Control limits on EWMA control chart JMP 16

In the EWMA chart from the Legacy control charts, it is possible to specify both the weight and the K values (multiplier for control limits). Changing the K value is a typical step when parametrizing an EWMA chart.  In the new EWMA control chart in JMP16, how can I change the K value?

5 REPLIES 5
statman
Super User

Re: Control limits on EWMA control chart JMP 16

I'm a bit confused...Here is the platform options for EWMA under Legacy Control Charts.

Screen Shot 2021-04-18 at 8.52.57 AM.jpg

 Is that the KSigma you are looking for? I see an option for changing weight and KSigma values?

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
MartinC
Level II

My question is about how to change the K value in the new EWMA chart: Analyze...Quality and Process... Control Chart... EWMA Control Chart.

There is no method to alter the value of K in the new EWMA platform.  This request has been sent to development for consideration.

MartinC
Level II

Thank you. I hope they keep this option !

Hi everyone - i'd like to state here that this option has in fact been implemented by the development team in the upcoming major JMP release, JMP 17. JMP 17 will be available in the fall of 2022. A K Sigma option is now available in the red triangle menu. By default, K Sigma is set to 3.