cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Have your say in shaping JMP's future by participating in the new JMP Wish List Prioritization Survey
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ahmed1
Level II

Control Chart Alarm Script

Hi All, 

I am trying to customize the alarm scrip email. JMP is sending the sample number. I would like it to send the information from a different column. I have that column marked as a label. How can I add it to the alarm script? Furthermore, Can I send  the control chart as in image to multiple emails. 

mail( "test@example.com", "Warning ", Substitute( "Out of Control for test ^QCTEST in column ^QCCOL in sample ^QCSAMPLE.",
"^QCTEST", char( qc_test ),
"^QCCOL", qc_col,
"^QCSAMPLE", char( qc_sample ) ));

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Control Chart Alarm Script

Scripting Guide might be helpful for this Run Alarm Scripts. With qc_firstRow  and qc_lastRow you should be able to access values in other columns.

-Jarmo
Ahmed1
Level II

This does not pull the value of the filename corresponding to the failed sample. 

jthi
Super User

I have no idea how your data looks like or your chart, so it makes this a bit more difficult. If we assume your column with filename is called "filename" you should be able to access first value for the sample with :filename[qc_firstRow].

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Coating.jmp");
obj = dt << Control Chart(
	Sample Size(:Sample),
	KSigma(3),
	Chart Col(:Weight, XBar, R),
	Alarm Script(
		Write("Out of Control for test ", qc_test, " in column ", qc_col, " in sample ", qc_sample, " marker is ", :Markers[qc_firstRow])
	)
);
obj << Test 1(1);
-Jarmo