cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Register for our Discovery Summit 2024 conference, Oct. 21-24, where you’ll learn, connect, and be inspired.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ahmed1
Level II

Control Chart Alarm Script

Hi All, 

I am trying to customize the alarm scrip email. JMP is sending the sample number. I would like it to send the information from a different column. I have that column marked as a label. How can I add it to the alarm script? Furthermore, Can I send  the control chart as in image to multiple emails. 

mail( "test@example.com", "Warning ", Substitute( "Out of Control for test ^QCTEST in column ^QCCOL in sample ^QCSAMPLE.",
"^QCTEST", char( qc_test ),
"^QCCOL", qc_col,
"^QCSAMPLE", char( qc_sample ) ));

Thank you in advance. 

3 REPLIES 3
jthi
Super User

Re: Control Chart Alarm Script

Scripting Guide might be helpful for this Run Alarm Scripts. With qc_firstRow  and qc_lastRow you should be able to access values in other columns.

-Jarmo
Ahmed1
Level II

This does not pull the value of the filename corresponding to the failed sample. 

jthi
Super User

I have no idea how your data looks like or your chart, so it makes this a bit more difficult. If we assume your column with filename is called "filename" you should be able to access first value for the sample with :filename[qc_firstRow].

Names Default To Here(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Quality Control/Coating.jmp");
obj = dt << Control Chart(
	Sample Size(:Sample),
	KSigma(3),
	Chart Col(:Weight, XBar, R),
	Alarm Script(
		Write("Out of Control for test ", qc_test, " in column ", qc_col, " in sample ", qc_sample, " marker is ", :Markers[qc_firstRow])
	)
);
obj << Test 1(1);
-Jarmo