cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
dzeke
Level I

Contour plot algorithm?

Can someone point me to a reference that describes what function JMP uses to define the contours on the Contour Plot platform?  I found this in tech help: JMP uses a method of triangulation and linear interpolation to generate the contours in the Contour Plot where a combination of three data points are used to generate a triangle. To see the triangulations, opt to "Save Triangulations". but is there somewhere that provides more details? I need to describe the process for a publication; reviewers are grumbling about me using a "black box" analysis.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Contour plot algorithm?

Contour Plot uses Delaunay triangulation. The triangulation algorithm doesn't handle duplicates. For duplicate locations, the mean of the response variable at that location is used instead.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
XanGregg
Staff

Re: Contour plot algorithm?

Contour Plot uses Delaunay triangulation. The triangulation algorithm doesn't handle duplicates. For duplicate locations, the mean of the response variable at that location is used instead.