Subscribe Bookmark RSS Feed

Connect to Access accdb file

Martin

Community Trekker

Aug 13, 2013

I am trying to use JMP to connect to an Access Database which is an accdb file format. Can JMP do that? I have both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of JMP.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin

Community Trekker

Aug 13, 2013

Solution

Figured it out. I needed to Add a 64-bit database connection to the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool in Control Panel. IT WORKS!

5 REPLIES
markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

Yes, JMP can connect to a database through the ODBC driver for that software. See Help > Books > Using JMP > Chapter 3: Importing Data.

Learn it once, use it forever!
pmroz

Super User

Jun 23, 2011

Remember to match the bit-ness of Access and JMP.  I.e. 32-bit JMP can talk to 32-bit Access.  Similarly for 64-bit.

Martin

Community Trekker

Aug 13, 2013

So, with 64-bit JMP 13.2.1, when I click on File -> Database -> Query Builder -> New Connection -> Machine Data Source -> MS Access Database -> OK, I get the following error:

"[Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] The specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch between the Driver and Application"

Martin

Community Trekker

Aug 13, 2013

Solution

Figured it out. I needed to Add a 64-bit database connection to the ODBC Data Source Administrator tool in Control Panel. IT WORKS!

markbailey

Staff

Jun 23, 2011

I am glad that you resolved the problem. It is exactly the problem that PM suggested. It is documented here, found by searching on "specified DSN contains an architecture mismatch" at the Support section of the JMP.com site.

Learn it once, use it forever!