cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
KApple
Level I

Concatenate to Summary Table

I have a joined table that combines two summary tables. I want to plot the results of one column against the other. These columns are calculated from values in their respective parent tables and are locked. However, I also want to plot a reference trendline (1:1) on this plot. To do this I would like to add four rows with numeric values in the two columns I'm plotting and create a new column that distinguishes "experiment" rows from "1:1" rows.

I have made several attempts to add these rows to my table to no avail, including generating a separate table with the reference values in it and then concatenating it to my summary table, but the columns do not successfully combine (the values in the new table simply don't appear in the concatenated table).

I would ideally like to create a copy of my current joined-summary table that unlocks my experiment columns. I can see how to unlock the columns on the GUI, but I am trying to do all of this within a jsl script. The only way I can see so far to unlock the columns is to use a 'Link to original data(0)' code in the original summary table steps, but I am not sure I actually want to do that - is there a way to create a copy of my current data table that copies only the numeric values and not the formulas so that I can append flat numeric values to new rows?

1 REPLY 1
gzmorgan0
Super User (Alumni)

Re: Concatenate to Summary Table

You can create a copy of your table with no formulas.

dt2 =dt << Subset( All Rows, All Columns, 
Copy Formula(0), OutputTableName("Just Values") 
);

Note that

• Columns with formulas are Locked. You must remove the formula to add values.
  • Table Summary is locked by rows unless, as you stated, you specify 'Link to original data(0)' . Also, you can unlock the columns, but the main and summary tables are no longer linked.  Note JMP 13, 14 you can create virtual joins 
  • dt = open("$Sample_data/Big Class.jmp");
    dtsum = dt << Summary( Group(:sex), Mean(:weight, :height));

for(i=1, i<=ncol(dtsum), i++,
    	column(dtsum,i) << lock(0)
    );
  • You can add a reference line to graph's frame box without adding points to a table. Not sure what 1:1 represents. If it means the line Y=X, something like  gr_framebox <<  Add Graphics Script( 2, Y Function( x, x ) ) can be used/ More details are needed if this is the path you want to take.