cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Combine several Graph builder figures and export them together as interactive html

Dear JMP experts,

I created dozens of different figures from my dataset and I want to combine them all together and export them as one interactive html, instead of multiple single html files. How can I do this?

Best and thank you in advance

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Combine several Graph builder figures and export them together as interactive html

@DualARIMACougar can you clarify how the figures are not what you expected?

Two things that I suspect may be an issue:

1. When you use Combine Windows, JMP will create a layout that approximates how the windows are arranged on-screen.  If you have two windows side-by-side, the result will be combined horizontally.  If you have two windows one over the other, they will be arranged vertically.
  2. Graph Builder stretches by default, and when combined into a Dashboard, the reports will still stretch by default.  You mention that you have dozens of graphs, so the combined report may shrink each graph to fit on the screen.  One option might be to turn off the Fit to Window option in the Graph Builder reports:
    danschikore_0-1717434464137.png

If it is not possible to arrange the windows on-screen as you would like, you can construct a specific layout using Dashboard Builder, which also allows reports to be Tabbed, in addition to horizontal/vertical layouts.  Or you can script the result directly using New Window() as @jthi suggested.

-Dan

View solution in original post

Re: Combine several Graph builder figures and export them together as interactive html

Hi @DualARIMACougar 

If you want your report to have a nice look and structure, you will need to consider building dashboards or learning how to build custom reports.

If you just would like a simple window with all the reports in a list, you might find this script helpful. I wrote this a little while ago to create a vertical list of reports in a single window that I could save to a journal. You can also save the resulting window as an Interactive HTML file.

Here is how to use this script:

• Save all your reports as scripts to the data table.
  • Run the attached Combine Reports.jsl file and you will create a new script in your data table named << COMBINE REPORTS >>
  • Run this new script from the data table and you will be prompted to select all the reports you would like to combine.
  • Select the reports and click Run to combine all the reports in a single window.

You can now save the new window as an Interactive HTML or Journal.

I have only tested the script on v17 and v18.

Hope this helps!

-Scott

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
jthi
Super User

Easiest option is to build dashboard using Combine Windows

jthi_0-1717423393630.png

Other option would be to script it using New Window(). Scripting Guide has some topics related to this, here is one example https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/17.2/#page/jmp/examples-of-creating-a-dashboard-from-two-reports...

-Jarmo

Hi Jthi,

I tried this and this does not work at all. all my figures are scewed in this dashboard.

@DualARIMACougar can you clarify how the figures are not what you expected?

Two things that I suspect may be an issue:

1. When you use Combine Windows, JMP will create a layout that approximates how the windows are arranged on-screen.  If you have two windows side-by-side, the result will be combined horizontally.  If you have two windows one over the other, they will be arranged vertically.
  2. Graph Builder stretches by default, and when combined into a Dashboard, the reports will still stretch by default.  You mention that you have dozens of graphs, so the combined report may shrink each graph to fit on the screen.  One option might be to turn off the Fit to Window option in the Graph Builder reports:
    danschikore_0-1717434464137.png

If it is not possible to arrange the windows on-screen as you would like, you can construct a specific layout using Dashboard Builder, which also allows reports to be Tabbed, in addition to horizontal/vertical layouts.  Or you can script the result directly using New Window() as @jthi suggested.

-Dan

Hi @DualARIMACougar 

If you want your report to have a nice look and structure, you will need to consider building dashboards or learning how to build custom reports.

If you just would like a simple window with all the reports in a list, you might find this script helpful. I wrote this a little while ago to create a vertical list of reports in a single window that I could save to a journal. You can also save the resulting window as an Interactive HTML file.

Here is how to use this script:

• Save all your reports as scripts to the data table.
  • Run the attached Combine Reports.jsl file and you will create a new script in your data table named << COMBINE REPORTS >>
  • Run this new script from the data table and you will be prompted to select all the reports you would like to combine.
  • Select the reports and click Run to combine all the reports in a single window.

You can now save the new window as an Interactive HTML or Journal.

I have only tested the script on v17 and v18.

Hope this helps!

-Scott

Hi Scott,

thanks a lot, your Scipt is really nice and worked well for me (JMP 18).

Best!