cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Amal
Level I

Color Cells failing Spec Limits

Hi All, In JMP, can we color cells that fail the spec limits added to the column? Is it possible to do this interactively? I don't have knowledge on Scripting. If it can be done only in scripting, can someone help me to share the script if you already have it? Thanks in advance.

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Color Cells failing Spec Limits

To do this interactively do the following

1. Select the column you want to set the colors for
  2. Right click in the space above the Row State Column (the column with the row numbers).  Select Row Selection
  3. Use the Row Selection dialog box to select all of the values for the column in question that are less than the Lower Spec Limit for the column.  You will have to know what the Lower Spec Limit value is.
  4. After you Click OK, and the rows that fall below the Lower Spec Limit have been selected, move your cursor(pointer) back to the column in question, and then right click on one of the cells that has been selected.
  5. Select "Color Cells" and a color selection box will appear.  Select the color you want.  The window will close and the cells will be colored.
  6. Repeat the above steps for the Upper limit.
Jim

In addition to the method previously provided, you can use a platform to do this (actually several platforms do this).  Choose Analyze->Quality and Process->Manage Spec Limits.  Choose your process variables and click OK.  If your spec limits are entered as column properties, they will populate automatically.  Otherwise you can use Load from Limits Table or you can type them in yourself.  From the red triangle next to Manage Spec Limits, choose Color Out of Spec Values.  The out of spec values are now colored in your data table.

txnelson
Super User

This is a much better solution than the one I provided.  Thanks Tonya!  Every day I learn something new about JMP

Jim