Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
UserID16644
Level V

Col list box dependence

Hi all, 

I have tabulated tables where users are free to choose the headers they need. In line with that, I have three col list boxes where users will chose the headers for the table. What I need to do is to make the two col box list dependent on the first one because the data to be manipulated will be based on the first col list box. Im not sure how to use On Change() on col list box, but is there a simpler way to make col list box dependent on each other where an error will prompt if the chosen column on the 2nd and 3rd col box list does not exist on the first?

1 REPLY 1
jthi
Super User

Re: Col list box dependence

Do you refer to only one data table with all of the selectors? This depends a lot on how you want your user-interface to work. I would most likely hide all columns which cannot be used from the second and third selector instead of throwing errors. Couple ideas:

• One way to do this would be to use Col List Selector (or Filter Col Selector) as the first selector and list boxes as the rest. Then use << Set Function on the first selector which will "refresh" the selection in list boxes.
  • You could also try to use Filter Col Selectors and the filter it provides to hide non-wanted columns, but writing the filter string might be a bit annoying but with regex it might be fairly simple. This will most likely require a bit more scripting

jthi_0-1647504364642.png

jthi_1-1647504397908.png

-Jarmo