Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mvanderaa1
Level IV

Code folding

Running JMP17.

I've been looking into code folding but it does not seem to work as expected. When I use the Expr() function I see the section collapse with the icon to expand. When I use Try() however the code is collapsed but there's no way to expand it again. Am I not understanding something? Also, below link speaks of a custom list that can be defined in jmpKeywords.jsl, but it would be nice to see an actual example of that.

https://www.jmp.com/support/help/en/15.1/#page/jmp/add-code-folding-markers.shtml#

Expr()

mvanderaa1_2-1671634663587.png

Try() -> no expansion possible, also not through right mouse click - > expand all

mvanderaa1_1-1671634637695.png

My settings

mvanderaa1_3-1671634883162.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
jthi
Super User

Re: Cold folding

This is how my jmpKeywords.jsl looks like

jthi_0-1671635782869.png

{"If", "For", "For Each Row", "While", "Try", "New Window", "Function", "Panel Box",
"New Namespace", "New Table", "Define Class"}

Located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP

jthi_1-1671635841713.png

And as @ErraticAttack mentioned Script Editor's code folding can be fairly problematic, usually code reformatting helps but sometimes you will have to re-open (and maybe then reformat) the code.

-Jarmo

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
ErraticAttack
Level VI

JMP is buggy and code folding has always been problematic.  Save and re-open the file is one way to fix.  Try auto-formatting as well.

Jordan
jthi
Super User

This is how my jmpKeywords.jsl looks like

jthi_0-1671635782869.png

{"If", "For", "For Each Row", "While", "Try", "New Window", "Function", "Panel Box",
"New Namespace", "New Table", "Define Class"}

Located in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\SAS\JMP

jthi_1-1671635841713.png

And as @ErraticAttack mentioned Script Editor's code folding can be fairly problematic, usually code reformatting helps but sometimes you will have to re-open (and maybe then reformat) the code.

-Jarmo
mvanderaa1
Level IV

thanks @ErraticAttack and @jthi for the quick reply, simply re-opening does the trick indeed

Re: Code folding

Greetings - i want to let folks know that this issue was reported to JMP Support and this particular issue with code folding is expected to be resolved in the next major version of JMP (JMP 18).