cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar

Closing data tables but keeping plot results

Hi,

I have written JMP script to manipulate some data tables and produce graphs all on the one window. Part of this involved creating subsets. Therefore i have alot of tables open. I know how to hide them but understand this still uses alot of JMP memory. Therefore i want to close them. However when i close them i lose my plots.

How do i keep my window showing all of the plots?

10 REPLIES 10
djhanson
Level V

Re: Closing data tables but keeping plot results

Make your chart using its individual display box object(s).  That way, when you close your data table, the chart will still display.

Normally, when you close a data table to a canned (linked) JMP chart, the chart disappears of course.  But by making the chart composed of its individual object(s) via its report, it will still display after closing the data table.  Here's roughly how to do this below, you will want to find your exact chart object references using Show Tree Structure (e.g. PictureBox, etc, etc).  Finally, you will likely need to append it into your original window reference, which I do not show below.  cheers... dj

myVar = Bivariate(

Y(:YVALUE),

X(:XVALUE)

);

myVarR = myVar<<report;

<<append(myVarR[PictureBox(1)]);