cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Claudia92
Level I

Chi Square Test with Tukey adjustment for multiple comparisons

Hello,

I'd like to compare various categorical variables across 3 different groups of participants that were previously matched for age and BMI. I've done contingency tables (3x3, sometimes 3x4) and observed significant overall differences across my 3 groups (p-value for chi-square test <0.0001). However, since I have more than 2 groups, I'm unable to identify where exactly is the difference (group 1 vs 2, 1 vs 3 or 2 vs 3). Someone told me I could use a Tukey adjustment for multiple comparisons but I don't see this option anywhere... Am I using the correct analysis/pathway? 

Thank you for your help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Chi Squarere Test with Tukey adjustment for multiple comparisons

The Nominal Logistic and Ordinal Logistic platforms in JMP do not provide multiple comparisons. You would need to perform a lot of manual calculation after JMP.

The Generalized Linear Model platform in JMP provides Custom Tests. You can specify more than one test and an additional omnibus test is added over the set of all tests.

The Generalized Regression platform in JMP Pro does provide a variety of multiple comparison methods, including Tukey.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

The Contingency platform offers dome alternatives to a Tukey multiple comparisons of the mean. The Analysis of Means for Proportions command in the platform menu (red triangle) compares the mean proportion of the response for each group to the mean proportion. The Correspondence Analysis command produces a rigorous visualization of the associations between levels of the response and predictor variables..

Claudia92
Level I

Thank you for your reply.

Is there any other way I could perform a chi-square test (other than with the contingency platform) for which the Tukey adjustment is available/offered?

Thanks again!

The Nominal Logistic and Ordinal Logistic platforms in JMP do not provide multiple comparisons. You would need to perform a lot of manual calculation after JMP.

The Generalized Linear Model platform in JMP provides Custom Tests. You can specify more than one test and an additional omnibus test is added over the set of all tests.

The Generalized Regression platform in JMP Pro does provide a variety of multiple comparison methods, including Tukey.

Claudia92
Level I

Great, thanks!