cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Niki
Level I

Chart is showing data I've excluded and not using data that should be included.

I've excluded data from my table and when I'm making an xbar control chart, JMP is pulling data that's one or two data points off from what I've hidden and excluded. I've highlighted the first and last points so you can see the data JMP is using to create the points. 

I dont think the colors have anything to do with it. The charts were displaying the same information before I added the colors. 

I'm a basic user, so I'm not into scripting and all that! 

Should be running JMP 14.3.0

capture 1.png

capture 2.png

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Chart is showing data I've excluded and not using data that should be included.

It is difficult to understand the issue with just the images you posted.  There does not appear to be any averages plotted at all?  It also looks like your subgrouping is questionable.  If you attach the JMP table (go ahead and modify it to leave out sensitive columns) we can have a better look.  I do see JMP is reporting that 154 samples were excluded.

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box

Re: Chart is showing data I've excluded and not using data that should be included.

You are using the legacy control chart.  In the documentation, you will find the following: "Hide and Exclude operate only on the row state of the first observation in the sample. For example, if the second observation in the sample is hidden, but the first observation is not hidden, the sample still appears on the chart."  Because the first observation in the sample is not hidden or excluded, all observations in that sample are used.  I suggest using the more modern Control Chart Builder platform instead.