cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Herrera5238
Level III

Changing titles for oneway

My script below, first script, will not acknowledge any changes I make for set title. It keeps defaulting to "Oneway Analysis of PARAMETER_VALUE By Status" regardless of what I enter for set title.

I have a script for distribution, second script, and I don't seem to have any problems with it so I'm not sure what is going on. 

Any ideas on what I need to change?

Thank You

Template_TM = Expr(
	TM = Oneway(
		Y(:PARAMETER_VALUE),
		X(:Status),
		Each Pair(1),
		Means and Std Dev(1),
		t Test(1),
		Points Jittered(1),
		Box Plots(1),
		Mean Error Bars(1),
		Std Dev Lines(1),
		Comparison Circles(1),
		X Axis Proportional(0),
		Histograms(0),
		Where(:PARAMETER_ID == Eval(TargetParameter)),
		SendToReport(
			Dispatch({}, "Oneway Analysis of MEAS_DATA By Status", OutlineBox, {Set Title( TargetParameter )}),
			Dispatch({}, "1", ScaleBox, {Scale("Log"), Min(0.0001), Max(5), Inc(1), Minor Ticks(1), Label Row Nesting(1), Add Ref Line(Eval(Limit_UCL), "Dotted", "Dark Blue", "UCL", 1)}),
			Dispatch({}, "MEAS_DATA", TextEditBox, {Set Text("E10 Atoms / cm2")}),
			Dispatch({}, "Oneway Plot", FrameBox,),
			Dispatch({}, "Means Comparisons", OutlineBox, {Close(1)})
		)
	)
);

Template_CAP = Expr(

CAP01 =
		Distribution(
		Continuous Distribution(
		Column(:PARAMETER_VALUE),
		Quantiles(0),
		Horizontal Layout(1),
		Vertical(0),
		Capability Analysis(USL(Eval(Limit_UCL)))),
		Where(:PARAMETER_ID == Eval(TargetParameter) & :Status == "1) POR"),
		SendToReport(
			Dispatch({},"Distributions",OutlineBox,{Set Title( TargetParameter )}),
			Dispatch({"Distribution 1) POR", "PARAMETER_VALUE"},"1",ScaleBox,{Format("Fixed Dec", 15, 3), Min(0), Max(2), Inc(0.2),Minor Ticks(1), Label Row Nesting(1)}),
			Dispatch({"Distributions", "PARAMETER_VALUE"},"Distrib Histogram",FrameBox,{DispatchSeg(LabelSeg(1), {Font("Tw Cen MT", 7, "Plain")})}),
			Dispatch({"Distributions", "PARAMETER_VALUE", "Capability Analysis", " Long Term Sigma"}, "1", ScaleBox, {Format("Fixed Dec", 9, 3), Min(-2), Max(2), Inc(0.5), Minor Ticks(0), Label Row Nesting(1)})
		)
	);

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Herrera5238
Level III

Re: Changing titles for oneway

Melanie,

That quotation mark was a typo. After I copied my script over I changed that  to say TargetParameter and missed deleting that extra quotation mark.

You did however help me see my mistake/issue and this is now working. (Thank you so much)

The issue was in the first dispatch line, I had:

Dispatch({}, "Oneway Analysis of MEAS_DATA By Status", OutlineBox, {Set Title(TargetParameter)}),

When I should have had:

Dispatch({}, "Oneway Analysis of PARAMETER_VALUE By Status", OutlineBox, {Set Title( TargetParameter )}),

I didn't think of changing this because I didn't think that would make a difference but I guess this has to match whatever is entered for Y and X.

Thanks again for your reply I probably wouldn't have noticed it without you.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

The first thing I see is that when I select your script for Oneway, there's a stray quotation mark after TargetParameter for Oneway that isn't there for Distribution. You have to select it to see it - I don't know why.

{Set Title( TargetParameter")}

If I run that, I get syntax errors because everything's messed up. But if I remove the quotation mark, this works for me. Here's what I changed it to so I could run it. I made some changes to the axis numbers so the data showed up in the graph, and I commented out the line referring to a texteditbox that doesn't appear in my report. But the outline box's title is changed to what I set TargetParameter equal to (in this case, "F").

dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Big Class.jmp");
TargetParameter = "F";
Limit_UCL = 100;

Template_TM = Expr(
	TM = Oneway(
		Y(:weight),
		X(:height),
		Each Pair(1),
		Means and Std Dev(1),
		t Test(1),
		Points Jittered(1),
		Box Plots(1),
		Mean Error Bars(1),
		Std Dev Lines(1),
		Comparison Circles(1),
		X Axis Proportional(0),
		Histograms(0),
		Where(:sex == Eval(TargetParameter)),
		SendToReport(
			Dispatch({}, "Oneway Analysis of weight By height", OutlineBox, {Set Title( TargetParameter )}),
			Dispatch({}, "1", ScaleBox, {Scale("Log"), Min(60), Max(150), Inc(1), Minor Ticks(1), Label Row Nesting(1), Add Ref Line(Eval(Limit_UCL), "Dotted", "Dark Blue", "UCL", 1)}),
		//	Dispatch({}, "MEAS_DATA", TextEditBox, {Set Text("E10 Atoms / cm2")}),
			Dispatch({}, "Oneway Plot", FrameBox,),
			Dispatch({}, "Means Comparisons", OutlineBox, {Close(1)})
		)
	);
)
Herrera5238
Level III

Melanie,

That quotation mark was a typo. After I copied my script over I changed that  to say TargetParameter and missed deleting that extra quotation mark.

You did however help me see my mistake/issue and this is now working. (Thank you so much)

The issue was in the first dispatch line, I had:

Dispatch({}, "Oneway Analysis of MEAS_DATA By Status", OutlineBox, {Set Title(TargetParameter)}),

When I should have had:

Dispatch({}, "Oneway Analysis of PARAMETER_VALUE By Status", OutlineBox, {Set Title( TargetParameter )}),

I didn't think of changing this because I didn't think that would make a difference but I guess this has to match whatever is entered for Y and X.

Thanks again for your reply I probably wouldn't have noticed it without you.

Ha! I didn't even see that, because I had to change the whole title to make it work at all with my one-off attempt. Glad you saw it :)