cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
ptijerome
Level III

Changing axis box width in graph builder

Hello,

I'm trying to stack vertically several graph in a journal in jsl. In order to get every graph perfectly aligned, I'd like to set the same width of the axis box on every graph. Whatever I do I am not able to modify the width of the axis box (whereas it works on Oneway graph for example). Any idea?

Here is the script

TempGraph2 = graph builder(

Show Control Panel( 0 ),

Variables( X( :Split ), Y( :BVD_POVW_10 ) ),

Elements( Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ), Jitter( 1 ) ) ),

);

r2 = TempGraph2 << report;

axisbox2 =r2[axis box( 2 )] ;

r2[axis box( 2 )] <<set width(100);

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
pmroz
Super User

Re: Changing axis box width in graph builder

What if you set the size in graph builder?  Like this:

dt = open("$sample_data\Big Class.jmp");

gb = Graph Builder(

Size( 500, 400 ),

Show Control Panel( 0 ),

Variables( X( :weight ), Y( :height ) ),

Elements(

Points( X, Y, Legend( 1 ), Jitter( 1 ) ),

Smoother( X, Y, Legend( 3 ) )

)

);

ptijerome
Level III

Re: Changing axis box width in graph builder

Thanks PMroz,

It works well, my graph are perfectly aligned. However, once the graph is created, if I try to send a message to modify the format on the Y-axis of some of the graphs, the graph size changes and the alignment is lost (it was why I was initially trying to modify axisbox width, but it seems a dead-end). I used to send a message to get the framebox and the axisbox with exactly the same width on every graph with bivariate or anova… But the simplest is the best…

Correct me if I’m wrong, but is seems that graph builder is not as versatile as others graph (bivariate for example) for scripting.

I can change things within the graph builder command, but it is more difficult afterwards…

Jérôme