cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Chiru4new
Level I

Change point analysis tool

Hi,

I’m doing a master internship. I’m using JMP, R and tableau for my analysis and visualization.I want to look into change points in historical time series data.

Now, while looking for various types of change point analysis, I came across this JMP document:

Developing Custom Platforms within JMP® Using JSL and R to Enable Additional Analysis

I’m curious to know where the change point tool kit in JMP is?

It would reduce 2 weeks of my work to a day or two if you can help me in finding this tool.

Greetings
Chiru4new

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Change point analysis tool

Change point detection is a red triangle option under the multivariate control chart.  Analyze > Quality and Process > Control chart > Multivariate Control chart.

Chiru4new
Level I

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.

But If you had seen the link I had given you. You’ll see that R package is embedded and uses Bayesian and other statistics as change point variant in a window.

I’m looking for that. The single change point I already did it using the procedure you described.

The paper you referenced showed a custom tool that the author created for use at his company. He presented this approach at a Discovery conference. 

cwillden
Super User (Alumni)

That is a custom JMP app, not something that JMP has published.  This was shared in JMP Discovery back in 2012 and the focus of the talk was more about how to use R from JMP rather than the actual change point analysis tool.  They may not have ever made that app public and may consider it IP.  I know Mark Ewing is still at Eastman, though he's not doing this kind of stuff anymore.  You can try to contact him to see if he'll send this app to you.  His username is @Anonymous, so you can try sending him a message through the community.

-- Cameron Willden
bmewing
Level I

Hi there! I will reach out to my companies IP department to verify that I can share this. I don't believe we'd consider it to be non-sharable but I don't want to steal it either.

Chiru4new
Level I

Thank you very much...

I would acknowledge you and your organization in my M.thesis for your kindly support.
Malequinn
Level I

Hi, please let me know about it. I may be interested in using it too.