cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
residentx10
Level II

Certification Questions

What's going on at SAS? You've made some changes but I don't really like them.

1. I had plans to attend Shanghai Discovery but it was nixed (understandably).

2. What is going with cert testing? I see JMP still says 15 despite being at 16/17 (this year).

3. Can I get a test code from discovery for testing? I was hoping to be certified by mid year but with all of these changes with events at SAS I'm probably going to miss my goals.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ruthhummel
Community Manager Community Manager

Re: Certification Questions

Here's what's going on: we are moving JMP Education (formerly a part of SAS Education) directly into JMP, and we are trying to find ways to scale the first-class formal training classes and certifications that we offered in SAS Education over to JMP in a way that will benefit as many people as possible around the world. We are in a season of much change. We hope most of the changes will be huge positives. We are working on releasing a lot of content at no or low cost over the next year. We now offer public formal training courses more frequently and at a low cost (see www.jmp.com/training). We are about a month away from releasing a new on-demand class, to add to the other eLearning classes we currently offer through the JMP Learning Subscription. We will make all of this content more easily accessible to all JMP users over the coming months. But we are also making choices to pause or stop offering some education services that we previously offered, when we believe the effort cannot currently be sustained. Unfortunately, the certification exams, which are, as you mentioned, in version 15, will not be updated this year. 

The current information on the Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving exam is available here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/jmp/jmp-statistical-thinking.html. You can also find the information for the other two exams (scripting and DOE) from the "Credentials" drop-down on this page. 

Yes, we will provide a discount code at JMP Discovery Summit that you can use for taking any of these certification exams. You are welcome to reach out to me (Ruth.Hummel@jmp.com) in advance of the conference and I can send you the information that you will need. The information will also be available with your conference materials. 

If there are specific educational materials, or course topics, that you would like to see, please let us know! Post your wishes in the community, so others can weigh in, too, or email me directly to let me know what resources you are interested in seeing. 

Thanks for the question -- please stay in touch about this topic!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Phil_Kay
Staff

Hi,

Which JMP certification are you looking for? Scripting, Design and Analysis of Experiments, or Statistical Thinking?

ruthhummel
Community Manager Community Manager

Here's what's going on: we are moving JMP Education (formerly a part of SAS Education) directly into JMP, and we are trying to find ways to scale the first-class formal training classes and certifications that we offered in SAS Education over to JMP in a way that will benefit as many people as possible around the world. We are in a season of much change. We hope most of the changes will be huge positives. We are working on releasing a lot of content at no or low cost over the next year. We now offer public formal training courses more frequently and at a low cost (see www.jmp.com/training). We are about a month away from releasing a new on-demand class, to add to the other eLearning classes we currently offer through the JMP Learning Subscription. We will make all of this content more easily accessible to all JMP users over the coming months. But we are also making choices to pause or stop offering some education services that we previously offered, when we believe the effort cannot currently be sustained. Unfortunately, the certification exams, which are, as you mentioned, in version 15, will not be updated this year. 

The current information on the Statistical Thinking for Industrial Problem Solving exam is available here: https://www.sas.com/en_us/certification/credentials/jmp/jmp-statistical-thinking.html. You can also find the information for the other two exams (scripting and DOE) from the "Credentials" drop-down on this page. 

Yes, we will provide a discount code at JMP Discovery Summit that you can use for taking any of these certification exams. You are welcome to reach out to me (Ruth.Hummel@jmp.com) in advance of the conference and I can send you the information that you will need. The information will also be available with your conference materials. 

If there are specific educational materials, or course topics, that you would like to see, please let us know! Post your wishes in the community, so others can weigh in, too, or email me directly to let me know what resources you are interested in seeing. 

Thanks for the question -- please stay in touch about this topic!

residentx10
Level II

@ruthhummel really wish JMP communicated better instead of just making decisions with no input. If you had plans to end a certification program, shouldn't you have told the community? I would have prioritized testing with J M P over other stuff I was working on...

#notfair