cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
RobRobeyns
Level III

Cannot subscript Display Box error

I have a custom script, but am seeing an error that says “Cannot subscript Display Box in access or evaluation of Report(dis)[Outline Box(6)]".

Is there anyone who can help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot subscript Display Box error

This error often happens if you are trying to reference an Outline Box (or some other type of box) in a report that doesn't exist.  It could be that in your script, you create and close a report multiple times, and for whatever reason in one of the reports that Outline Box isn't there, maybe because it doesn't apply to that particular set of data.  The easiest way to bypass this and allow your script to keep running is to simply add a Try() function around that line of code.  Therefore, do a search for the line where "Report(dis)[Outline Box(6)]" appears in your script, and put the entire line inside the try function.  Please let me know if this is clear and if it is a good solution for you.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

This error often happens if you are trying to reference an Outline Box (or some other type of box) in a report that doesn't exist.  It could be that in your script, you create and close a report multiple times, and for whatever reason in one of the reports that Outline Box isn't there, maybe because it doesn't apply to that particular set of data.  The easiest way to bypass this and allow your script to keep running is to simply add a Try() function around that line of code.  Therefore, do a search for the line where "Report(dis)[Outline Box(6)]" appears in your script, and put the entire line inside the try function.  Please let me know if this is clear and if it is a good solution for you.  

RobRobeyns
Level III

Thanks Hadley!
That does the trick!