cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
TylerJSR
Level I

Can you show multiple pre-set control limits on a single control chart using phase?

We want to show a control chart that has independent control limits for multiple conditions over time. For example, we recalibrated our analytical tool and we negotiated with the customer to shift the mean of the control limits. Then we switched to a different analytical tool while the original tool was down, and the backup had its own set of control limits. We learned that we can use "phase" to show multiple sets of control limits for different time periods, but only if they are auto-calculated. Can we specify hard limits for different conditions over time using phase?

Another example would be, we update our control limits quarterly and then they stay fixed for the entire quarter. Can we use phase to show changes in the control limits at discrete points in time without having jmp calculate the control limits on its own?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
txnelson
Super User

Re: Can you show multiple pre-set control limits on a single control chart using phase?

You can preset your coltrol limits for the different phases.  As an example, go to the JMP Sample Data Table, Phase Historical Data.  Run the embedded script, which will generate control limits for each phase.  If you then go to the red triangle and select 

Save Limits==>in New Table

This will show you how you can structure a limits table that you can use in the charts you want to create

Jim
TylerJSR
Level I

Re: Can you show multiple pre-set control limits on a single control chart using phase?

Thanks for the response! I'm working in JMP 13 and dont see that example data set. Can you link to the example file?

txnelson
Super User

I needed to get permissions from the JMP folks to be able to send this, so thanks to them.  Attached is the JMP 14 sample data table "Phase Historical Data"

Jim