cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Submit your abstract to the call for content for Discovery Summit Americas by April 23. Selected abstracts will be presented at Discovery Summit, Oct. 21- 24.
Discovery is online this week, April 16 and 18. Join us for these exciting interactive sessions.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Min
Min
Level I

Can't Change Color of Graph Builder Plots due to "Maker" when Plotting a Number of Columns

Hi,

Whenever I try to plot a number of columns at once, I cannot choose color by any other columns because "Maker" seems to have the highest priority of color.

For example, on the bottom image, I tried to change color by Sample, but all dots were purple because "Maker" was set to purple.

Could someone tell me how to get rid of "Maker" so that I can choose any colors I want?

Thank you.

Graph_Builder_Marker_Question.JPG

6 REPLIES 6
Thierry_S
Super User

Re: Can't Change Color of Graph Builder Plots due to "Maker" when Plotting a Number of Columns

Hi,
I'm not able to reproduce your issue in JMP 14.1; it looks like you are using JMP 15 or above. I you rebuild your plot step by step, when does the label "Marker" appear?
If possible, it would be helpful to see an example of your data table and graph to check if there are any customizations that are not visible on the plot you shared (e.g. row state in the table, or graphic elements in the plot). Also, I noticed that under the sub-menu "Points", you have the "Error Interval" checked as "Error Bar": is it possible to check that back to "Auto"?
Let's see what we can do.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
Min
Min
Level I

Re: Can't Change Color of Graph Builder Plots due to "Maker" when Plotting a Number of Columns

Hi TS,

Thank you for your answer.

I am using JMP 15. I didn't had this kind of issue in JMP 14.x either. 

Let me show you my data table.

I didn't set any row or column state.

Data_Table.JPG

Let me show you "Interval Style".

There is no "Auto" menu here.

Interval Style.JPG

Thank you.

Min

Thierry_S
Super User

Hi Min,
It seems indeed to be a problem with JMP 15. First, do you have the latest version of JMP 15: often potential bugs like that are fixed in intermediate updates.
Second, have you tried to rebuild the plots manually from scratch in GB (without using the script) ? Does the problem persist? If it does not, it would interesting to compare the GB script generated by JMP 15 to the one you have shared with us. There might be subtle differences between JMP 14 and 15 that may produce the undesired result. If the problem does persist, you may want to check with JMP customer support.
Best,
TS
Thierry R. Sornasse
Min
Min
Level I

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I made that GB plot manually, not by script, so I guess it is a kind of bug too.

I will ask at JMP customer support.

I appreciate your help.

Thank you.

Min

This appears to be a bug in 15.0 which was fixed in 15.2.

In the meantime, you can right click on "Marker" in the legend and set the color to black (first swatch) and your other colors will come through.

Min
Min
Level I

Hi,

Setting color of "Maker" to black worked.

I could change the other colors.

Thank you for your help.