cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Denis
Level I

Can I add one Ordinal and one Nominal (Columns) to a Multiple Linear Regression model?

First I don't know if this question is logical to you, but i am trying to analyse a datasheet and there is one Nominal columns and one Ordinal. I have done one Multiple Linear Regression with only one Nominal columns, but i dont know if things change if i add another Ordinal columns?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can I add one Ordinal and one Nominal (Columns) to a Multiple Linear Regression model?

I assume that you mean that you have a nominal data column and an ordinal data column and you want to use both of them as effects when launching Fit Least Squares. Yes, you can. Select Analyze > Fit Model. Select the column with the response data and click Y. Select the nominal and ordinal columns and click Add. You are now ready to Run the regression model.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can I add one Ordinal and one Nominal (Columns) to a Multiple Linear Regression model?

I assume that you mean that you have a nominal data column and an ordinal data column and you want to use both of them as effects when launching Fit Least Squares. Yes, you can. Select Analyze > Fit Model. Select the column with the response data and click Y. Select the nominal and ordinal columns and click Add. You are now ready to Run the regression model.

mlo1
Level IV

Did you check out the BigClass example file. There is a "Fit Model" with different data Modeling type.

mlo1_0-1610391991078.png