cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
mmkaz
Level II

Calculating median when comparing two continuous variables in a multivariate analysis

Dear JMP Board, 

I am currently working on a biomedical dataset comparing doses and blood levels of four different medication. My PI instructed me in short to compare the data for each blood level and dose across different subgroups (male, female; pre-, post-pubescent etc.). Practically spoken he told me to use a multivariate analysis to calculate a p vale within groups (Y = Dose + blood level data by medicaments and e.g. sex or ethnicity or age). To calculate p value within groups I used a standard Spearmans test. Additionally to that, he asked me to calculate each the median for dose and blood level but both of us didn't really know how... All I found so far was a way to calculate a mean value for each when using a multivariate analysis. 
So we both thought it might be best to ask people who are more acquainted with JMP and thus I am reaching out to anyone who might know better. Thanks for any help, much appreciated! 

2 REPLIES 2
statman
Super User

Re: Calculating median when comparing two continuous variables in a multivariate analysis

It would be helpful to us if you provided what OS and version of JMP you are on.  Additionally, if you can provide the dataset (you can code it).  I don't know exactly what you've got, but using Tables>Summary gives many options for calculating and storing statistics.

statman_0-1633972593875.png

"All models are wrong, some are useful" G.E.P. Box
mmkaz
Level II

Re: Calculating median when comparing two continuous variables in a multivariate analysis

I am currently using macOS Big Sur 11.6 and JMP version 16.0.0. I tried using the table function but I didn't really understand how to use it. Unfortunately I cannot provide the data set. 
I hope this is still useful to any extent.