cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP is taking Discovery online, April 16 and 18. Register today and join us for interactive sessions featuring popular presentation topics, networking, and discussions with the experts.
Choose Language Hide Translation Bar
Ksrzg01
Level I

Buttons to fit Splines

Hi all,

I have a bivariate chart and want to spline by different columns. How would I be able to go about this? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
txnelson
Super User

Re: Buttons to fit Splines

I believe there is an issue with the data structure that you have selected for your project.  After reading this Discussion, and your earlier discussion about using the data filter to select the parameters, I believe that you need to change your structure.  This will allow for you to user several built in features of JMP, and should make your coding efforts simpler.  You have chosen to put all of your measurement data into 2 columns, Value and Date.  And then attempt to use a data filter to select the parameter you want to display.  Additionally, you want to pickup some Control Limit data, and display the data on the charts.  I believe that what you should actually be doing, is to have each parameter in a separate column.  This will allow you to move your control limints into the Column Property, "Control Limits".  Additionally, it will allow you to user a Column Switcher on your Bivariate Plot, to move between parameters.  It will then also allow you to use the suggestion from Mark, to use the Data Filter to filter the Tool ID.

Jim

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ian_jmp
Staff

Is the Column Switcher what you are looking for?

NamesDefaultToHere(1);
dt = Open("$SAMPLE_DATA/Semiconductor Capability.jmp");
dt << Bivariate(
			Y( :NPN1 ),
			X( :SPM1 ),
			Fit Spline( 10000, {Line Color( {208, 64, 86} )} ),
			Column Switcher(
				:SPM1,
				{:PNP1, :PNP2, :NPN2, :PNP3, :IVP1, :PNP4, :NPN3, :IVP2, :NPN4, :SIT1, :INM1,
				:INM2, :VPM1, :VPM2, :VPM3, :PMS1, :SNM1, :SPM1, :NPN5, :EP2, :ZD6, :PBA,
				:PLG, :CAP, :PBA 2, :PLG 2, :PNP5, :NPN6, :PNP6, :PNP7, :NPN7, :PNP8, :IVP3,
				:IVP4, :IVP5, :IVP6, :PNP9, :NPN8, :NPN9, :IVP7, :NPN10, :N_1, :PBA1, :WPR1,
				:B10, :PLY10, :VBE210, :VTN210, :VTP210, :SIT2, :SIT3, :INV2, :INV3, :INV4,
				:INV5, :FST1, :FST2, :RES1, :RES2, :PNM1, :PPM1, :FNM1, :FPM1, :FST3, :FST4,
				:RES3, :RES4, :A1, :B1, :A2N, :A2P, :A2P1, :IVP8, :IVP9, :DE_H1, :NF_H1,
				:ESM1, :ESM2, :ESP1, :YFU1, :VPM4, :PBA2, :PBB1, :LYA1, :LYB1, :DEM1, :DEP1,
				:NFM1, :PLY1, :VDP1, :VDP2, :SNW1, :RSP2, :PLY2, :RSP1, :VDP3, :PBL1, :PLG1,
				:VDP4, :SPW1, :VIA1, :INM3, :VPM5, :VPM6, :INM4, :VPM7, :M1_M1, :M2_M2,
				:P1_P1, :E2A1, :E2B1, :NPN11, :IVP10, :PNP10, :INM5, :VPM8, :VPM9, :INM6,
				:VPM10, :N2A1, :N2B1, :NM_L1, :P2A1, :P2B1, :PM_L1, :P1, :M1}
			)
		);
Ksrzg01
Level I

Thanks, but I tried this and it didnt work because the columns were not numeric. What I am doing is plotting a time trend of a process and want to use button boxes to spline the chart by the tool it ran on or the chamber the tool ran on while also removing the previous splines.

Why not use a data filter with the column containing the tool ID?

Ksrzg01
Level I

Hey Mark, I'm already using a data filter to sort out the parameters. So basically based on the selected parameters, I want to spline the graph by either tool or recipe used for this particular parameter. I invision one button box to fit the spline to the tool, another to remove the splines, and another to spline the graph by recipe.

txnelson
Super User

I believe there is an issue with the data structure that you have selected for your project.  After reading this Discussion, and your earlier discussion about using the data filter to select the parameters, I believe that you need to change your structure.  This will allow for you to user several built in features of JMP, and should make your coding efforts simpler.  You have chosen to put all of your measurement data into 2 columns, Value and Date.  And then attempt to use a data filter to select the parameter you want to display.  Additionally, you want to pickup some Control Limit data, and display the data on the charts.  I believe that what you should actually be doing, is to have each parameter in a separate column.  This will allow you to move your control limints into the Column Property, "Control Limits".  Additionally, it will allow you to user a Column Switcher on your Bivariate Plot, to move between parameters.  It will then also allow you to use the suggestion from Mark, to use the Data Filter to filter the Tool ID.

Jim